Skip to main content

Philosophies of love.

Right now, I just feel so stupid when it comes to love. So I decided to do this:

Philosophies in LOVE of a local writer in the Philippines named Bob Ong. These are comedic writings but actually makes a lot of sense. Written in Filipino but I'm gonna try my very best to translate them. I hope I don't screw up the true essence of the work. *FINGERS CROSSED.

Kung hindi mo mahal ang isang tao, wag ka nang magpakita ng motibo para mahalin ka niya. (If you don't love that person, don't even bother showing him/her motives to love you.)

Huwag mong bitawan ang bagay na hindi mo kayang makitang hawak ng iba. (Don't let go of the thing that you can't bear see someone else holding.)

Huwag mong hawakan kung alam mong bibitawan mo lang. (Don't even hold if you know that you're just gonna let go.)

Huwag na huwag ka hahawak kapag alam mong may hawak ka na. (Never ever hold another if you know that you're already holding something else.)

Parang elevator lang yan eh, bakit mo pagsisiksikan ung sarili mo kung walang pwesto para sayo. Eh meron naman hagdan, ayaw mo lang pansinin. (It's just like an elevator, why would you force yourself in if you don't have a place anymore? The stairs is right there, you just don't take notice.)

Kung maghihintay ka nang lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo. Dapat lumandi ka din. (If you're gonna wait for someone who'd flirt with you, nothing's gonna happen with your life. You should flirt too.)

Pag may mahal ka at ayaw sayo, hayaan mo. Malay mo sa mga susunod na araw ayaw mo na din sa kanya, naunahan ka lang. (If you love someone who doesn't like you, let it go. Who knows, maybe on the next days, you don't like that person anymore too. Just so happens that he was the first one to not like you.)

Hiwalayan na kung di ka na masaya. Walang gamot sa tanga kundi pagkukusa. (Let go if you're not happy anymore. There's no cure for stupidity but your own willingness.)

Pag hindi ka mahal ng mahal mo wag ka magreklamo. Kasi may mga tao rin na di mo mahal pero mahal ka. Kaya quits lang. (If the one you love doesn't love you anymore, don't fret. Cause there are also people you don't love but loves you.)

Kung dalawa ang mahal mo, piliin mo yung pangalawa. Kasi hindi ka naman magmamahal ng iba kung mahal mo talaga yung una. (If you love two people, choose the second one. Cause you won't love another if you really do love the first one.)

Hindi porket madalas mong ka-chat, kausap sa telepono, kasama sa mga lakad o ka-text ng wantusawa eh may gusto na sa'yo at magkakatuluyan kayo. Meron lang talagang mga taong sadyang friendly, sweet, flirt, malandi, pa-fall o paasa. (Just because the two of you constantly do stuff together doesn't mean that you two are meant for each other. There are simply just people who are friendly, sweet, flirt or makes you hope for nothing.)

Huwag magmadali sa babae o lalaki. Tatlo, lima, sampung taon, mag-iiba ang pamantayan mo at maiisip mong hindi pala tamang pumili ng kapareha dahil lang maganda o nakakalibog ito. Totong mas mahalaga ang kalooban ng tao higit sa anuman. Sa paglipas ng panahon, maging ang mga crush ng bayan nagmumukha ding pandesal, maniwala ka. (Don't rush things. Three, five, ten years, all your list of qualities for a perfect partner would change. And you'd realize that it is not right to choose someone just because they're good looking or they arouse you sexually. It is true that what's inside is much more important than anything else. As time passes by, even the heartrobs would look hideous, believe me.)

Minsan kahit ikaw ang nakaschedule, kailangan mo pa rin maghintay, kasi hindi ikaw ang priority. (Sometimes, even if you're the one in schedule, you still have to wait. Cause you're not the priority.)

Mahirap pumapel sa buhay ng tao. Lalo na kung hindi ikaw yung bida sa script na pinili niya. (It's hard to butt in on other people's lives. Especially when you're not the lead character on the script that person chose.)

Alam mo ba kung gaano kalayo ang pagitan ng dalawang tao pag nagtalikuran na sila? Kailangan mong libutin ang buong mundo para lang makaharap ulit ang taong tinalikuran mo. (Do you know how much distance there is between two people who've already turn their backs on each other? They'd have to go around the world to again be face to face.)

Mas mabuting mabigo sa paggawa ng isang bagay kesa magtagumpay sa paggawa ng wala. (It is much better to fail by doing something, than to succeed by doing nothing.)

Hindi lahat ng kaya mong intindihin ay katotohanan, at hindi lahat ng hindi mo kayang intindihin ay kasinungalingan. (Not everything that you can understand is the TRUTH, and not everything that you can't comprehend is a LIE.)

Kung nagmahal ka ng taong di dapat at nasaktan ka, wag mong sisihin ang puso mo. Tumitibok lang yan para mag-supply ng dugo sa katawan mo. Ngayon, kung magaling ka sa anatomy at ang sisisihin mo naman ay ang hypothalamus mo na kumokontrol ng emotions mo, mali ka pa rin! Bakit? Utang na loob! Wag mong isisi sa body organs mo ang mga sama ng loob mo sa buhay! Tandaan mo: magiging masaya ka lang kung matututo kang tanggapin na hindi ang puso, utak, atay o bituka mo ang may kasalanan sa lahat ng nangyari sayo, kundi IKAW mismo! (If ever you loved someone who's not worth it and you got hurt, don't blame your heart. It just beats to supply blood to your body. Now if you're good in Anatomy and you're gonna blame your hypothalamus which controls your emotions, you're still wrong! Why? Don't put blame on your body organs. Remember: you'll only be happy once you realize that it is not your heart, brain, liver or intestine who's at fault for all the shit that's been happening with your life. YOU are the one to blame.)

AND MY FAVORITE:
Ang pag-ibig parang imburnal. Nakakatakot mahulog. At kapag nahulog ka, it's either by accident or talagang tanga ka. (Love is like a dirty creek. It's scary to fall. And if you fell, it's either by accident, or you're just really stupid.)


They're all right. But sometimes, it's just hard to use common sense when you're already in love. Every bit of rationality in your body goes away. Maybe that's why I feel so freakishly stupid right now.

Comments

CK said…
aus ah. inlove kb?
becs said…
hindi ako inlove ah! baliw! hahaha =)

Popular posts from this blog

Freaking out. Woohh.

I just wanna ask. DID I DO ANYTHING WRONG? Whenever I blog hop, all I say in their chatboxes is "Dropped by. :)" So seriously, what's wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with that statement? PLEASE, TELL ME! I'm kinda freaking out here, you know. Seriously. Okay, so what brought this question up? I was blog hopping when I encountered this girl's account. I was about to type in my usual statement--which is "Dropped by :)"--on her shoutmix. But what happened next just completely shocked me. I don't know why the hell my IP address was banned from her shoutmix. Seeing as that was my first time to visit her site. So she got me a little bit confused. Oh no, wait, scratch that. She got me a lot confused. So I'm kinda, sorta freaking out here. What did I do wrong? BOOHOO! Dahil nakain ko ang hikaw ko sa dila, LANGYA, minamalas ako. Masamang pangitain 'to mga kaibigan!

BITTER!

CLICK FOR A LARGER IMAGE. Eto lang ah, kung hindi niyo matanggap na wala kayo sa top 3, aba'y tantanan niyo ang panlalait. Nagmumuka kayong kawawa eh! Napaka bitter. Oo, nasasaktan ako. Dahil una, school ko yun. At pangalawa, friends ko ang cheering squad. Kaya kung hindi kayo naturuan ng sportsmanship, well, kawawa naman kayo. Mas lalo kayong nagmukang talunan. (Hindi ko nilalahat ah. Yung iba lang na akala mo naman kung sino. Wooohhh.) Status 1 : Yung comment, LUTO daw. Hahaha. Natawa naman ako. Kailan pa nagluto ang FEU?! Hindi mo lang kasi tanggap. Hahaha. Status 2 : Yung comment ulit, tanginang feu daw. HAHAHA! Eh di tangina din kung sa'ng school ka man galing. Boohoo! Status 3 : Itlog daw ang tamaraw. Osige, MEDYO agree ako dito. Hindi ko din alam kung ano ang pumasok sa mga ulo nila at naisipan nilang magpanggap na manok. Napakalayo naman sa pagiging Tamaraw. Hahaha. Status 4 : Boo FEU daw. Akalain mo, KAIBIGAN ko 'to nu'ng HS ah. Katigas naman talaga ng

Mga Lalaki Talaga.

MAY BABAE NANAMAN ANG AKING BUTIHING AMA. Well, it's not really a shocking news to me anymore. Ever since I was a little kid, I've known that my father have other 'women' in his life. I actually thought that that was a normal thing. It's only when I reached the 3rd or 4th grade, I think, that I realized that what he's doing was actually bullshit. Oh well, whatever makes him happy. GO DADDY! Honestly, I thought my Dad already quit this crap. But I guess bad habits die hard . So, how did I found out? As usual, through the ever-so-proficient technology . I don't have any load, so I borrowed my Mom's phone. But she said she was using it, so she gave me my Dad's phone instead. I was just about to delete my message from the Sent Items folder when I saw this unknown number. Pakielamera ako eh, and I got a bit curious, so I opened the two message that my father sent to this--whoever this person is. First message : "Darling wala lang namimiss