Skip to main content

Music Monday



An hour advance in posting to make up for not being able to post last Thursday (for Things I Love Thursdays). I mentioned in this post that I would do two weekly posts so I wouldn't have such a hard time thinking of a topic in case nothing worth blogging about happens to me.

I wasn't able to post my first Music Mondays entry last week so I'm gonna do one now: Anino by Up Dharma Down.


And here is a link of a reblogged audio post from my tumblr account, just in case. It's the new unreleased track of my favorite local band: Up Dharma Down. The band have always been my most loved from the local music scene. Their songs are timeless and 2, 3 or 4 years from now, I am pretty sure that people would still want to listen to their songs--and that most definitely includes me.


I believe that there are two things that a band should possess to make them great: (1) the ability to catch people's attention with their undeniably catchy melody and (2) to keep those people listening to the profound lyrics that comes along with it. And Up Dharma Down have those right in the bag.

Every song that Up Dharma Down releases, from Sugarcoats and Heartbeats to Pag-Agos have touched me in ways more than one, and I am not just saying that. Armi writes the most incredible songs and sings them with so much class and finesse.




Up Dharma Down is definitely one of the best bands formed in this generation <3

Photo credits: updharmadown.tumblr.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Freaking out. Woohh.

I just wanna ask. DID I DO ANYTHING WRONG? Whenever I blog hop, all I say in their chatboxes is "Dropped by. :)" So seriously, what's wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with that statement? PLEASE, TELL ME! I'm kinda freaking out here, you know. Seriously. Okay, so what brought this question up? I was blog hopping when I encountered this girl's account. I was about to type in my usual statement--which is "Dropped by :)"--on her shoutmix. But what happened next just completely shocked me. I don't know why the hell my IP address was banned from her shoutmix. Seeing as that was my first time to visit her site. So she got me a little bit confused. Oh no, wait, scratch that. She got me a lot confused. So I'm kinda, sorta freaking out here. What did I do wrong? BOOHOO! Dahil nakain ko ang hikaw ko sa dila, LANGYA, minamalas ako. Masamang pangitain 'to mga kaibigan!

BITTER!

CLICK FOR A LARGER IMAGE. Eto lang ah, kung hindi niyo matanggap na wala kayo sa top 3, aba'y tantanan niyo ang panlalait. Nagmumuka kayong kawawa eh! Napaka bitter. Oo, nasasaktan ako. Dahil una, school ko yun. At pangalawa, friends ko ang cheering squad. Kaya kung hindi kayo naturuan ng sportsmanship, well, kawawa naman kayo. Mas lalo kayong nagmukang talunan. (Hindi ko nilalahat ah. Yung iba lang na akala mo naman kung sino. Wooohhh.) Status 1 : Yung comment, LUTO daw. Hahaha. Natawa naman ako. Kailan pa nagluto ang FEU?! Hindi mo lang kasi tanggap. Hahaha. Status 2 : Yung comment ulit, tanginang feu daw. HAHAHA! Eh di tangina din kung sa'ng school ka man galing. Boohoo! Status 3 : Itlog daw ang tamaraw. Osige, MEDYO agree ako dito. Hindi ko din alam kung ano ang pumasok sa mga ulo nila at naisipan nilang magpanggap na manok. Napakalayo naman sa pagiging Tamaraw. Hahaha. Status 4 : Boo FEU daw. Akalain mo, KAIBIGAN ko 'to nu'ng HS ah. Katigas naman talaga ng

Mga Lalaki Talaga.

MAY BABAE NANAMAN ANG AKING BUTIHING AMA. Well, it's not really a shocking news to me anymore. Ever since I was a little kid, I've known that my father have other 'women' in his life. I actually thought that that was a normal thing. It's only when I reached the 3rd or 4th grade, I think, that I realized that what he's doing was actually bullshit. Oh well, whatever makes him happy. GO DADDY! Honestly, I thought my Dad already quit this crap. But I guess bad habits die hard . So, how did I found out? As usual, through the ever-so-proficient technology . I don't have any load, so I borrowed my Mom's phone. But she said she was using it, so she gave me my Dad's phone instead. I was just about to delete my message from the Sent Items folder when I saw this unknown number. Pakielamera ako eh, and I got a bit curious, so I opened the two message that my father sent to this--whoever this person is. First message : "Darling wala lang namimiss