Skip to main content

English essay.

Our professor in English gave us a list of topics to choose from for our essay. I chose this: "Sometimes the best thing happens out of the worst circumstances in the past."

Here's my work:

The past is one of the only things in life that most people run away from. Even if it’s already right in front of them, they are still too petrified or ashamed to face it, especially its harsh realities. But the truth is, those appalling things are what we should be most thankful of. They may be awful episodes in our past, but they’d always be a part of who we are. We shouldn’t run away from all those terrible events, because sometimes, the best thing happens out of the worst circumstances in the past.

I remember the time I learned this in my bones: I was just around 6 years old and the kids from our neighborhood were all ganging up on me. They were all guys and I had no bit of a chance of winning against them, as I was just a little girl. They’d all throw rocks on me, call me really callous names, shoot pellet guns on me, push me, and all other really cruel things. I would always come up to my mother crying, telling her what happened, but she just tells me the same thing every time, “You are so stupid. If they’re doing that to you, don’t go out of the house anymore. And stop crying!” But after hearing it from her the first time, I still went back and told her the same thing. Until one day, I just got sick of hearing all the mean stuff from her, so I just stopped. I stopped coming to her. I stopped trying to get her attention, to get her to defend me from those bullies. And I stopped crying. But I never stopped going out of the house. I never stopped myself from approaching those kids. I wanted their attention so bad that I didn’t mind if I was already getting hurt, as long as I was noticed.
Of course, the pain never stopped, but I never showed it to anyone, either. At that moment in my life, at such a tender age, I learned how to bottle up my feelings. It was formidable at first, but once you get used to it, it’s just as simple as breathing or eating. Crying became just another word that I know. And pain became a part of who I am already; the anger and the infuriation never went away.

That time was probably one, if not the worst part of my life. But the thing is, even if that incident wounded me so bad, it still is a part of who I am now. Honestly, that was some episode in my life I’d rather forget. But I realized that if it wasn’t for what happened back then, I wouldn’t be the strong and independent girl I am now. I learned how to not let anyone walk over me just like that. That part of my past taught me how to defend myself from those kinds of people. It may not be the best thing for other people, but it was the best for me. That whole thing changed my life; changed my beliefs, changed my outlook of things, changed the way I see things.

You see, our past is something that we shouldn’t be reluctant about. It shaped us into the molds of who we are now. Without that bad part in our past, no good thing would happen in the present. Everything just goes around in circles; connected through the same dots. Life may throw us so much ordeal and suffering, but the bottom line is, it’s still what makes each of us a better person. Just like a roller coaster ride, you might get scared at first, but in the end, the ride is still worthwhile.




Hope I get a good grade on this one. Cause I didn't stay up until 1 in the morning for nothing. Woahh. *Fingers-crossed.

Comments

CK said…
NOSE BLEED! glng m tlga mg english. bt gnun. aq hnd?! bwaha. mtaas grade m nyan. cgurado! =))
Victoria said…
Hahaha. Sira ulo. Sana nga. Pinaghirapan ko yan ah xD

Popular posts from this blog

Freaking out. Woohh.

I just wanna ask. DID I DO ANYTHING WRONG? Whenever I blog hop, all I say in their chatboxes is "Dropped by. :)" So seriously, what's wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with that statement? PLEASE, TELL ME! I'm kinda freaking out here, you know. Seriously. Okay, so what brought this question up? I was blog hopping when I encountered this girl's account. I was about to type in my usual statement--which is "Dropped by :)"--on her shoutmix. But what happened next just completely shocked me. I don't know why the hell my IP address was banned from her shoutmix. Seeing as that was my first time to visit her site. So she got me a little bit confused. Oh no, wait, scratch that. She got me a lot confused. So I'm kinda, sorta freaking out here. What did I do wrong? BOOHOO! Dahil nakain ko ang hikaw ko sa dila, LANGYA, minamalas ako. Masamang pangitain 'to mga kaibigan!

BITTER!

CLICK FOR A LARGER IMAGE. Eto lang ah, kung hindi niyo matanggap na wala kayo sa top 3, aba'y tantanan niyo ang panlalait. Nagmumuka kayong kawawa eh! Napaka bitter. Oo, nasasaktan ako. Dahil una, school ko yun. At pangalawa, friends ko ang cheering squad. Kaya kung hindi kayo naturuan ng sportsmanship, well, kawawa naman kayo. Mas lalo kayong nagmukang talunan. (Hindi ko nilalahat ah. Yung iba lang na akala mo naman kung sino. Wooohhh.) Status 1 : Yung comment, LUTO daw. Hahaha. Natawa naman ako. Kailan pa nagluto ang FEU?! Hindi mo lang kasi tanggap. Hahaha. Status 2 : Yung comment ulit, tanginang feu daw. HAHAHA! Eh di tangina din kung sa'ng school ka man galing. Boohoo! Status 3 : Itlog daw ang tamaraw. Osige, MEDYO agree ako dito. Hindi ko din alam kung ano ang pumasok sa mga ulo nila at naisipan nilang magpanggap na manok. Napakalayo naman sa pagiging Tamaraw. Hahaha. Status 4 : Boo FEU daw. Akalain mo, KAIBIGAN ko 'to nu'ng HS ah. Katigas naman talaga ng

Mga Lalaki Talaga.

MAY BABAE NANAMAN ANG AKING BUTIHING AMA. Well, it's not really a shocking news to me anymore. Ever since I was a little kid, I've known that my father have other 'women' in his life. I actually thought that that was a normal thing. It's only when I reached the 3rd or 4th grade, I think, that I realized that what he's doing was actually bullshit. Oh well, whatever makes him happy. GO DADDY! Honestly, I thought my Dad already quit this crap. But I guess bad habits die hard . So, how did I found out? As usual, through the ever-so-proficient technology . I don't have any load, so I borrowed my Mom's phone. But she said she was using it, so she gave me my Dad's phone instead. I was just about to delete my message from the Sent Items folder when I saw this unknown number. Pakielamera ako eh, and I got a bit curious, so I opened the two message that my father sent to this--whoever this person is. First message : "Darling wala lang namimiss